Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Practicum Post 8- Brad Umane

When first starting this assignment, I was curious to see whether or not I would transform into a “gamer”. I wondered whether or not I would become the type of person who interacts primarily through a headset and would not be able to put the controller down. 3 months later, I have learned that with the advancements in technology, no longer do I need to even pick the controller up to play a game with my brother over a thousand miles away in New York. I have experienced creating a new online identity, participating in a virtual community and have observed cultural traditions borrowed and expanded from previous forms of media. With that being said, I cannot see myself renewing subscription to Xbox Live. These past three months have shed light on the fact that no matter how impressed I am with the Internet and technology, I would much rather pick up a deck of old fashioned playing cards on a snowy night in Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment